Rahul to preside over informal CWC meeting on Friday
New Delhi: With Lok Sabha elections schedule set to be announced soon, Rahul Gandhi will be holding consultations with senior party leaders on Friday at an informal meeting of the Congress Working Committee.
Sources said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi will not be present during the deliberations, which take place when the party is in the thick of finalising its candidates and preparing its manifesto and firming up its alliances.
Ahead of the informal CWC meeting, Rahul will interact with some young leaders including some MPs in the party tomorrow at the Congress headquarters.
The announcement of the Lok Sabha poll schedule is expected in the first week of March soon after the Winter session of Parliament concludes on February 21.
Congress is in the midst of talks for alliance in Bihar.
Sources said that the talks would be finalised in a couple of days.
The party has already announced seat sharing with NCP for Maharashtra and has given clear indications that it will continue to have tie-up with National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir.
It is one of the most difficult elections, Congress would be facing in which Rahul has been leading campaign from the front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie