Rahul trying to defame Hindus: BJYM
New Delhi: BJP`s youth wing Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha on Saturday hit out at Rahul Gandhi for his remarks that radicalised Hindu groups could pose a "bigger threat" to India than terror outfits like LeT, accusing him of trying to "defame" the Hindus.
BJYM president Anurag Thakur, slamming Gandhi, said the remarks were "unacceptable" as they have the potential to harm the unity and communal harmony in the country.
"Rahul Gandhi once again tried to defame the Hindus and thereby tried to disturb the unity and integrity of the country," Thakur, a second-term MP from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh and son of HP Chief Minister P K Dhumal, said.
Whistle-blower website WikiLeaks had claimed Gandhi had told US Ambassador Timothy Roemer that growth of "radicalised Hindu groups" which create religious tensions in India could pose a bigger threat to the country than activities of groups like Lashkar-e-Toiba.
The youth leader said Gandhi made the comments at a time when the whole country has been grappling with cross-border terrorism.
"It is an effort to disturb the communal harmony in the country. The whole country has been faced with the challenge of cross-border terrorism and such comments would only weaken our efforts in dealing with the challenge," he said.
In this context, Thakur also referred to Gandhi`s comments two months back when he drew comparison between SIMI and RSS and accused the Congress leader of trying to "mix religion with politics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends