Rahul trying to defame Hindus: BJYM
New Delhi: BJP`s youth wing Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha on Saturday hit out at Rahul Gandhi for his remarks that radicalised Hindu groups could pose a "bigger threat" to India than terror outfits like LeT, accusing him of trying to "defame" the Hindus.
BJYM president Anurag Thakur, slamming Gandhi, said the remarks were "unacceptable" as they have the potential to harm the unity and communal harmony in the country.
"Rahul Gandhi once again tried to defame the Hindus and thereby tried to disturb the unity and integrity of the country," Thakur, a second-term MP from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh and son of HP Chief Minister P K Dhumal, said.
Whistle-blower website WikiLeaks had claimed Gandhi had told US Ambassador Timothy Roemer that growth of "radicalised Hindu groups" which create religious tensions in India could pose a bigger threat to the country than activities of groups like Lashkar-e-Toiba.
The youth leader said Gandhi made the comments at a time when the whole country has been grappling with cross-border terrorism.
"It is an effort to disturb the communal harmony in the country. The whole country has been faced with the challenge of cross-border terrorism and such comments would only weaken our efforts in dealing with the challenge," he said.
In this context, Thakur also referred to Gandhi`s comments two months back when he drew comparison between SIMI and RSS and accused the Congress leader of trying to "mix religion with politics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune