Rahul unaware of Indian history: RSS
New Delhi: Expressing shock over Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi`s remarks that radicalised Hindu groups
could pose a "bigger threat" to India than the LeT, RSS on Tuesday
said the statement indicated his lack of understanding of
"The remarks of the Congress general secretary prove that
he is totally unaware of the history of Hindutva as well as
the concept of nationalism," Sangh mouthpiece `Panchjanya`
said in its editorial titled `Think before you speak Rahul`.
"Will the Congress, which considers Rahul Gandhi as its
future and the future Prime Minister, be able to protect its
very base by relying on his ignorance. The electorate of
Bihar has already given its reply," it said.
Such statements would not only weaken the nation`s fight
against "jehadi terrorism" but also encourage it.
"Some of the documents released by Wikileaks exposed the
Congress policy of Muslim appeasement. But everyone is shocked
at the anti-Hindutva mentality of Rahul," the editorial said,
adding that earlier also, Rahul had compared SIMI with RSS.
The weekly claimed though such statements though are a
result of "half-baked" knowledge, they are part of a
"There is a need for the country to remain vigilant
against the anti-national thinking of Congress," it said.
According to Wikileaks, at a luncheon hosted by Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh at his residence in July 2009 Rahul
had told US Ambassador Timothy Roemer that growth of
radicalised Hindu groups was a bigger threat than LeT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender