Rahul`s elevation big boost for Congress, says Dikshit
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi`s elevation as Congress vice president will be a "shot in the arm" for the party ahead of the 2014 general elections, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said here on Monday.
"It will be a great shot in the arm for Congress in the coming general elections and assembly elections in Delhi," Dikshit told a news agency. Elections are scheduled in Delhi towards the end of this year.
Rahul Gandhi was named the number two in the party Jan 19 during the Congress Chintan Shivir or introspection meet in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail