Rahul`s elevation big boost for Congress, says Dikshit
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi`s elevation as Congress vice president will be a "shot in the arm" for the party ahead of the 2014 general elections, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said here on Monday.
"It will be a great shot in the arm for Congress in the coming general elections and assembly elections in Delhi," Dikshit told a news agency. Elections are scheduled in Delhi towards the end of this year.
Rahul Gandhi was named the number two in the party Jan 19 during the Congress Chintan Shivir or introspection meet in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof