Rahul`s elevation big boost for Congress, says Dikshit
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi`s elevation as Congress vice president will be a "shot in the arm" for the party ahead of the 2014 general elections, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said here on Monday.
"It will be a great shot in the arm for Congress in the coming general elections and assembly elections in Delhi," Dikshit told a news agency. Elections are scheduled in Delhi towards the end of this year.
Rahul Gandhi was named the number two in the party Jan 19 during the Congress Chintan Shivir or introspection meet in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family