Rahul’s idea: Self-appraisal by Congress leaders
New Delhi: Having recently taken charge as Congress vice-president, Rahul Gandhi appears steadfast in his resolve to revamp the organisational set-up of the party ahead of the 2014 General elections.
Sources told Zee News, Rahul has devised a self-appraisal system for state Congress leaders. They have been asked to chalk out strategy for the next three months. The aim is to ensure that they remain committed to strengthening the party at the grassroots level and also ensure accountability.
As per the idea, the self-appraisal will help decide whether a Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) chief is fit for the job.
Devised as a questionnaire, the PCC leaders will have to answer the questions and explain in detail their roadmap for the coming three months, including steps being taken to ensure victory in state civic polls and the Assembly polls.
Rahul, who visited Dehradun last week, held closed-door meetings with state Congress leaders and pitched for delegating more powers to organisational units at block and district levels.
Rahul had decided to have interactions with state-level leaders beginning with a two-day visit to Odisha last month, where he had sought feedback from grassroots workers in the state.
With Rahul introducing corporate-style self-assessment system for party leaders just months ahead of 2014 General elections, it remains to be seen whether reflection on self will translate into poll victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued