Rahul`s padayatra won`t benefit farmers: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday accused the Congress and
BSP of playing as "coalition partners" and said the Congress
general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s `padayatra` in Uttar Pradesh
would not benefit any farmer.
"Rahul Gandhi is general secretary of Congress and he has
full right to carry out his party`s activities and we have no
objection to it. It is good for his health and his party," BJP
spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain said.
"Neither is the nation, nor the farmers are going to
benefit from this `padayatra`. Even Kalawati, whom Rahul had
visited earlier, has not yet benefited." He lamented that it
is being compared with Mahatma Gandhi`s `Dandi March` and
"this is not good".
Hussain suggested Gandhi should instead utilise his
stature to take steps in the interest of farmers.
He said "the Congress and Bahujan Samaj Party were doing
match-fixing", as the BSP had always supported the Congress
at the Centre whenever required. "Gandhi was holding this
`padayatra` in a state where the Congress coalition partners
Welcoming the Supreme Court judgement on land acquisition
in Noida favouring farmers, he said, "it is good that the
farmers have got justice. BJP was in favour of farmers and had
always supported their cause. Farmers should get their right".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan