Rahul`s remark has eroded Congress and govt`s image: Tariq
Katihar: NCP leader and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Tariq Anwar on Sunday said that Rahul Gandhi`s disapproval of the UPA government`s ordinance to protect convicted lawmakers has dented the image of the government and Congress.
"The image of both the UPA government and the Congress has been eroded by Rahul`s strong disapproval of the ordinance approved by the Prime Minister," he said.
The development also indicated that there was a lack of coordination between the party (Congress) and the UPA government headed by it, Anwar said.
The government should have consulted the Congress vice-president and elicited his opinion before taking a decision, the NCP general secretary said.
"By making a public outburst against his own government, Rahul has not only expressed his displeasure at the Ordinance aimed at saving the seats of convicted lawmakers, but also made it known to one and all that he was not consulted on the matter," the Union minister said.
On the talks between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif slated in New York for later today , Anwar said the dialogue must take place.
"Dialogue is the only way forward to resolve bilateral problems and at the same time war is not the final solution to all problems," he said.
Anwar welcomed the Supreme Court`s landmark judgement giving voters the right to reject candidates in elections, saying that the Election Commission should consider the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL