Rahul`s remark has eroded Congress and govt`s image: Tariq
Katihar: NCP leader and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Tariq Anwar on Sunday said that Rahul Gandhi`s disapproval of the UPA government`s ordinance to protect convicted lawmakers has dented the image of the government and Congress.
"The image of both the UPA government and the Congress has been eroded by Rahul`s strong disapproval of the ordinance approved by the Prime Minister," he said.
The development also indicated that there was a lack of coordination between the party (Congress) and the UPA government headed by it, Anwar said.
The government should have consulted the Congress vice-president and elicited his opinion before taking a decision, the NCP general secretary said.
"By making a public outburst against his own government, Rahul has not only expressed his displeasure at the Ordinance aimed at saving the seats of convicted lawmakers, but also made it known to one and all that he was not consulted on the matter," the Union minister said.
On the talks between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif slated in New York for later today , Anwar said the dialogue must take place.
"Dialogue is the only way forward to resolve bilateral problems and at the same time war is not the final solution to all problems," he said.
Anwar welcomed the Supreme Court`s landmark judgement giving voters the right to reject candidates in elections, saying that the Election Commission should consider the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?