`Rahul`s remarks on Pak agencies luring UP youth highly irresponsible`
New Delhi: A renowned jurist specialising in Islamic Law on Friday described as "highly irresponsible" Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s statement that Pakistani intelligence agencies were approaching Muzaffarnagar riot victims "to lure them into terrorism".
Former law commission member Tahir Mahmood said Rahul`s statement "deserves to be condemned in the strongest possible words".
"I don`t find it any different from the vituperation his cousin Varun Gandhi (of BJP) had chosen to use against Muslims in the last general elections," Mahmood said in a release.
It is unfortunate that our young politicians do not hesitate from going to any lengths in the hope of deriving political mileage, he said.
Addressing a poll rally in Indore yesterday, Rahul had claimed that Pakistani intelligence agencies in were trying to get in touch with victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots to lure them into terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued