Rahul`s remarks on UP natives a cruel joke: BJYM
New Delhi: BJP`s youth wing on Tuesday termed
Rahul Gandhi`s remarks on natives of Uttar Pradesh as a "cruel
joke" on them and said people of the state will avenge their
insult in the coming Assembly elections.
"Congress leaders have lost control over their language.
They keep making controversial statements to divert people`s
attention from issues like corruption, inflation and
unemployment," Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha President Anurag
Addressing a rally while launching the party`s poll
campaign in Phoolpur in Uttar Pradesh yesterday, Rahul Gandhi
had asked the people of Uttar Pradesh to stop migrating to
Maharashtra and "begging".
Inaugurating a hospital in Gurgaon near here, Thakur
accused the UPA of failing on all fronts and being interested
only in the well being of a chosen few.
Targeting Gandhi, he said, "People in Uttar Pradesh are
busy earning their livelihood by doing hard work. Calling them
beggars is a cruel joke and they will surely avenge it."
On the proposed partial withdrawal of Armed Forces
Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, Thakur
said, "Those who are opposing AFSPA are not concerned about
the well being of people in the state. Credit goes to the Army
for bringing peace there and it was possible only because of
Observing that removal of AFSPA from the state will
encourage the separatists, Thakur said the BJYM will not
tolerate any such move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy