Rail Budget dedicated to janata: Mamata
New Delhi: A new express train called
"Peace Express" between Kashmir and Kanyakumari is likley to
be announced in the Railway budget, which Mamata Banerjee said
would be dedicated to the common man.
"It is dedicated to janata as common man is our
asset and strength," the Railway Minister told reporters as
she gave finishing touches to the Budget 2010-11 she would
present in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Refusing to say anything on the budget proposals, she
said "wait for tomorrow to know everything."
Besides the Peace Express, a "Culture Express" is also
slated to be announced as railways` tourism package to cover
India`s important heritage sites.
Expansion of Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC)
connecting Mumbai with Kolkata and Chennai with Mangalore are
also expected to be announced in the budget.
Currently Eastern DFC is linking Delhi with Kolkata and
Western DFC is connecting Delhi with Mumbai.
Railways are likely to include Kharagpur station in the
list of world class railway station project. It had already
announced 50 stations including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata,
Sealdah, Banglaore, Lucknow and Bhubaneswar to be upgraded as
world class station.
Besides a slew of projects for West Bengal, Mamata is
likely to announce some big projects for Uttar Pradesh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report