Rail Budget dedicated to janata: Mamata
New Delhi: A new express train called
"Peace Express" between Kashmir and Kanyakumari is likley to
be announced in the Railway budget, which Mamata Banerjee said
would be dedicated to the common man.
"It is dedicated to janata as common man is our
asset and strength," the Railway Minister told reporters as
she gave finishing touches to the Budget 2010-11 she would
present in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Refusing to say anything on the budget proposals, she
said "wait for tomorrow to know everything."
Besides the Peace Express, a "Culture Express" is also
slated to be announced as railways` tourism package to cover
India`s important heritage sites.
Expansion of Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC)
connecting Mumbai with Kolkata and Chennai with Mangalore are
also expected to be announced in the budget.
Currently Eastern DFC is linking Delhi with Kolkata and
Western DFC is connecting Delhi with Mumbai.
Railways are likely to include Kharagpur station in the
list of world class railway station project. It had already
announced 50 stations including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata,
Sealdah, Banglaore, Lucknow and Bhubaneswar to be upgraded as
world class station.
Besides a slew of projects for West Bengal, Mamata is
likely to announce some big projects for Uttar Pradesh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days