Rail Budget is directionless, anti-people: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Wednesday termed the Railway
Budget as "directionless" and "anti-people", saying it will add to the woes of the common man already facing the brunt of spiralling prices.
"It is a directionless and anti-people budget," BJP`s
vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, adding that without
taking effective steps for ensuring security, facility and
time, "announcements have been made for an expensive journey".
He said at a time when the common man was already under
attack from the burden of price rise and inflation, "the
railway budget has given another bigger blow".
Naqvi said, "While the Railway minister has announced a
five-year plan for taking care of security, facility and time,
the burden of increased fare has been slapped on the common
man in five minutes".
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Rail Budget
was "anti-aam aadmi" and there was no vision in the budget.
"There is no vision. There is no action and passenger has been
raised... prices will shoot up," he said.
He added, "This budget is annexure minister`s annexure
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok