Rail Budget is directionless, anti-people: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Wednesday termed the Railway
Budget as "directionless" and "anti-people", saying it will add to the woes of the common man already facing the brunt of spiralling prices.
"It is a directionless and anti-people budget," BJP`s
vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, adding that without
taking effective steps for ensuring security, facility and
time, "announcements have been made for an expensive journey".
He said at a time when the common man was already under
attack from the burden of price rise and inflation, "the
railway budget has given another bigger blow".
Naqvi said, "While the Railway minister has announced a
five-year plan for taking care of security, facility and time,
the burden of increased fare has been slapped on the common
man in five minutes".
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Rail Budget
was "anti-aam aadmi" and there was no vision in the budget.
"There is no vision. There is no action and passenger has been
raised... prices will shoot up," he said.
He added, "This budget is annexure minister`s annexure
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand