Rail budget reflects UPA`s non-performance: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday termed the railway budget as "anti- development" and said that it reflects the "non-performance of the UPA government".
"The Centre`s railway budget is anti-development and showcases the non-performance of the government. It will increase the burden of rising prices on the common people," Modi tweeted.
He said that keeping in mind the global economic scenario, the railway budget clearly lacks the needed balance between coastal-port connectivity and rail infrastructure.
Modi said that the railways have an important role to play in the development of the nation and if India wishes to emerge as a leading commercial and industrial destination, then importance must be given to railway services. On the contrary, several railway projects are pending, he said.
Modi also said that the railway budget will increase inflation.
"On one hand the UPA has failed to curb the menace of price rise, while on the other hand, this railway budget will burden the poor and middle class. By saying that there is no hike in rail tariffs, the Railway Minister is misleading the nation," he said.
Modi also said that gross injustice has been done to Gujarat in the railway budget.
"There is no mention of the Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Pune Fast Track Bullet Train project in the rail budget.
"Despite railways getting maximum income from Gujarat, the people of Gujarat are being rendered immense injustice for the last nine years," he said.
He said that in the last year`s budget, a wagon factory for Kutch was announced and in the last three years, there were surveys for 57 railway lines, but only four railway lines pertaining to Gujarat were mentioned in this budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS