Rail concession for visually, mentally challenged
New Delhi: The extension of rail fare concession for the visually and mentally challenged travelling in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains will take effect from July 1, a Railway Ministry official said on Friday.
"The concession for both categories will be 25 per cent in AC III tier and AC chair car in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains," said a senior Railway Ministry official, adding that the "same concession would also be admissible to one escort accompanying the person."
The concession will be effective for tickets purchased on or after July 1 this year, he added.
Currently the concession for the visually challenged is 75 per cent in sleeper class, AC chair car and AC III tier, and 50 per cent in AC II tier and AC first class for the mentally challenged in all trains except Rajdhani and Shatabdi.
For the visually challenged to avail of the concession, a certificate issued by a government doctor or Head of the Institution for the Blind, listed in IRCA Coaching Tariff, is required, while the mentally challenged should produce the former certificate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city