Rail concession for visually, mentally challenged
New Delhi: The extension of rail fare concession for the visually and mentally challenged travelling in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains will take effect from July 1, a Railway Ministry official said on Friday.
"The concession for both categories will be 25 per cent in AC III tier and AC chair car in Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains," said a senior Railway Ministry official, adding that the "same concession would also be admissible to one escort accompanying the person."
The concession will be effective for tickets purchased on or after July 1 this year, he added.
Currently the concession for the visually challenged is 75 per cent in sleeper class, AC chair car and AC III tier, and 50 per cent in AC II tier and AC first class for the mentally challenged in all trains except Rajdhani and Shatabdi.
For the visually challenged to avail of the concession, a certificate issued by a government doctor or Head of the Institution for the Blind, listed in IRCA Coaching Tariff, is required, while the mentally challenged should produce the former certificate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed