Rail fare hiked through backdoor: Mayawati
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Tuesday disapproved of the Railway Budget 2013-14 presented by Rail Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and claimed that it has nothing for the middle class and the poor.
“Poor and middle class travel by railways have not be addressed. Fuel surcharge is the backdoor method to increase fares,” she said.
“Freight charges are also going to go up. it will lead to hike in prices of essential commodities and inflation, she added.
The Railway Budget for 2013-14 had spared passengers from any further hike in fares but raised various other charges on tickets along with freight tariff of less than 5 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO