Rail fare hiked through backdoor: Mayawati
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Tuesday disapproved of the Railway Budget 2013-14 presented by Rail Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and claimed that it has nothing for the middle class and the poor.
“Poor and middle class travel by railways have not be addressed. Fuel surcharge is the backdoor method to increase fares,” she said.
“Freight charges are also going to go up. it will lead to hike in prices of essential commodities and inflation, she added.
The Railway Budget for 2013-14 had spared passengers from any further hike in fares but raised various other charges on tickets along with freight tariff of less than 5 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered