Rail fare hiked through backdoor: Mayawati
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Tuesday disapproved of the Railway Budget 2013-14 presented by Rail Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and claimed that it has nothing for the middle class and the poor.
“Poor and middle class travel by railways have not be addressed. Fuel surcharge is the backdoor method to increase fares,” she said.
“Freight charges are also going to go up. it will lead to hike in prices of essential commodities and inflation, she added.
The Railway Budget for 2013-14 had spared passengers from any further hike in fares but raised various other charges on tickets along with freight tariff of less than 5 per cent.
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League