Rail fare hiked through backdoor: Mayawati
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Tuesday disapproved of the Railway Budget 2013-14 presented by Rail Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and claimed that it has nothing for the middle class and the poor.
“Poor and middle class travel by railways have not be addressed. Fuel surcharge is the backdoor method to increase fares,” she said.
“Freight charges are also going to go up. it will lead to hike in prices of essential commodities and inflation, she added.
The Railway Budget for 2013-14 had spared passengers from any further hike in fares but raised various other charges on tickets along with freight tariff of less than 5 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’