Rail link between Bangladesh, Agartala
Agartala: India completed the final survey to lay the rail link between Akhaura in Bangladesh and Agartala, a project which New Delhi plans to implement for linking railways between the two countries, officials said on Tuesday.
West Tripura District Magistrate Kiran Gitye said as the survey for the 11.5 km line was completed soon the Railway Ministry would start making the Detailed Project Report (DPR) soon.
The Centre has sanctioned Rs 2.52 crore for laying the railway track between Akhaura and Agartala, Gitye said, adding that the survey report was prepared by IRCON International Limited, an engineering and construction company.
Delhi is keen to establish the rail link as it would connect West Bengal and Tripura through Bangladesh.
During Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s visit to New Delhi in January 2010, India and Bangladesh had agreed to lay the tracks between Akhaura and Agartala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- Scramble begins in BJP's Kerala unit for union ministry berth
- Afghan Taliban struggle to select Mansour's successor
- Medium intensity earthquake in Assam
- Maharashtra Education Minister criticises AAP for backing NEET