Rail link between Bangladesh, Agartala
Agartala: India completed the final survey to lay the rail link between Akhaura in Bangladesh and Agartala, a project which New Delhi plans to implement for linking railways between the two countries, officials said on Tuesday.
West Tripura District Magistrate Kiran Gitye said as the survey for the 11.5 km line was completed soon the Railway Ministry would start making the Detailed Project Report (DPR) soon.
The Centre has sanctioned Rs 2.52 crore for laying the railway track between Akhaura and Agartala, Gitye said, adding that the survey report was prepared by IRCON International Limited, an engineering and construction company.
Delhi is keen to establish the rail link as it would connect West Bengal and Tripura through Bangladesh.
During Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s visit to New Delhi in January 2010, India and Bangladesh had agreed to lay the tracks between Akhaura and Agartala.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why