Rail link between Bangladesh, Agartala
Agartala: India completed the final survey to lay the rail link between Akhaura in Bangladesh and Agartala, a project which New Delhi plans to implement for linking railways between the two countries, officials said on Tuesday.
West Tripura District Magistrate Kiran Gitye said as the survey for the 11.5 km line was completed soon the Railway Ministry would start making the Detailed Project Report (DPR) soon.
The Centre has sanctioned Rs 2.52 crore for laying the railway track between Akhaura and Agartala, Gitye said, adding that the survey report was prepared by IRCON International Limited, an engineering and construction company.
Delhi is keen to establish the rail link as it would connect West Bengal and Tripura through Bangladesh.
During Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s visit to New Delhi in January 2010, India and Bangladesh had agreed to lay the tracks between Akhaura and Agartala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video