Rail link between Bangladesh, Agartala
Agartala: India completed the final survey to lay the rail link between Akhaura in Bangladesh and Agartala, a project which New Delhi plans to implement for linking railways between the two countries, officials said on Tuesday.
West Tripura District Magistrate Kiran Gitye said as the survey for the 11.5 km line was completed soon the Railway Ministry would start making the Detailed Project Report (DPR) soon.
The Centre has sanctioned Rs 2.52 crore for laying the railway track between Akhaura and Agartala, Gitye said, adding that the survey report was prepared by IRCON International Limited, an engineering and construction company.
Delhi is keen to establish the rail link as it would connect West Bengal and Tripura through Bangladesh.
During Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s visit to New Delhi in January 2010, India and Bangladesh had agreed to lay the tracks between Akhaura and Agartala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II