Rail Minister fights for Parliament chamber
New Delhi: New Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi is very upset about allotment of a chamber in Parliament that was used by his predecessor and party chief Mamata Banerjee to I&B Minister Ambika Soni.
The whole issue pertains to chamber number 6 in the Parliament that was allotted to Mamata when she was the rail minister. Naturally, Trivedi felt he was the natural claimant following his elevation as the Rail Minister.
However, the chamber was allotted to Ambika Soni and Trivedi’s name plate was removed, infuriating him.
He told reporters, “If this has been done as per seniority then let the senior most person takeover the Rail Ministry and the second senior most minister be allotted 7 Race Course Road.”
Last heard, the matter has been brought to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened