Rail Minister fights for Parliament chamber
New Delhi: New Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi is very upset about allotment of a chamber in Parliament that was used by his predecessor and party chief Mamata Banerjee to I&B Minister Ambika Soni.
The whole issue pertains to chamber number 6 in the Parliament that was allotted to Mamata when she was the rail minister. Naturally, Trivedi felt he was the natural claimant following his elevation as the Rail Minister.
However, the chamber was allotted to Ambika Soni and Trivedi’s name plate was removed, infuriating him.
He told reporters, “If this has been done as per seniority then let the senior most person takeover the Rail Ministry and the second senior most minister be allotted 7 Race Course Road.”
Last heard, the matter has been brought to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s notice.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan