Rail Minister fights for Parliament chamber
New Delhi: New Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi is very upset about allotment of a chamber in Parliament that was used by his predecessor and party chief Mamata Banerjee to I&B Minister Ambika Soni.
The whole issue pertains to chamber number 6 in the Parliament that was allotted to Mamata when she was the rail minister. Naturally, Trivedi felt he was the natural claimant following his elevation as the Rail Minister.
However, the chamber was allotted to Ambika Soni and Trivedi’s name plate was removed, infuriating him.
He told reporters, “If this has been done as per seniority then let the senior most person takeover the Rail Ministry and the second senior most minister be allotted 7 Race Course Road.”
Last heard, the matter has been brought to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!