Rail Minister fights for Parliament chamber
New Delhi: New Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi is very upset about allotment of a chamber in Parliament that was used by his predecessor and party chief Mamata Banerjee to I&B Minister Ambika Soni.
The whole issue pertains to chamber number 6 in the Parliament that was allotted to Mamata when she was the rail minister. Naturally, Trivedi felt he was the natural claimant following his elevation as the Rail Minister.
However, the chamber was allotted to Ambika Soni and Trivedi’s name plate was removed, infuriating him.
He told reporters, “If this has been done as per seniority then let the senior most person takeover the Rail Ministry and the second senior most minister be allotted 7 Race Course Road.”
Last heard, the matter has been brought to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!