Rail mishap: Mamata announces compensation
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Wednesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh for the
next of the kin of those killed in the train mishap near
The seriously injured passengers would receive Rs one
lakh while those with minor injuries will get Rs 10,000, she
Five persons were killed and around 20 injured when
the Delhi-bound Goa Samparkranti Express rammed into the
stationary Mewar Express near Mathura.
In Mathura, UP Agriculture Minister Laxminarain
Choudhry announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh for the next of
the kin of the deceased besides a job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31