Rail passengers can now view fog affected areas on portal
New Delhi: With train services hit due to fog in Northern states, Railways have made the train enquiry platform much more interactive helping passengers view the fog affected areas and check the affected stations.
The fog related information is a further improvement from the last time when the live status of the affected trains was introduced in the portal.
With the addition of the new feature, passengers view the white patches on the Google map which are the fog affected areas.
"Travellers can quickly search if their train has been affected by fog, and even check out the exact sections of the route where the fog has caused the delays.
"The view also displays each station within the fog-affected route, the details of which are displayed by a mouse," said a statement.
The site is powered by RailYatri in association with Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
The map is accessible on laptops and even Internet enabled handsets.
Substantial number of trains are daily affected by fog, especially in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi and Punjab where delays can be up to 24 hours.
"Such seamless flow of information on fog delays would help a significant number of such travellers plan their journey better," said.
Based on this experimentation, RailYatri could also provide data about other disturbances which affect train operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!