Rail passengers can now view fog affected areas on portal
New Delhi: With train services hit due to fog in Northern states, Railways have made the train enquiry platform much more interactive helping passengers view the fog affected areas and check the affected stations.
The fog related information is a further improvement from the last time when the live status of the affected trains was introduced in the portal.
With the addition of the new feature, passengers view the white patches on the Google map which are the fog affected areas.
"Travellers can quickly search if their train has been affected by fog, and even check out the exact sections of the route where the fog has caused the delays.
"The view also displays each station within the fog-affected route, the details of which are displayed by a mouse," said a statement.
The site is powered by RailYatri in association with Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
The map is accessible on laptops and even Internet enabled handsets.
Substantial number of trains are daily affected by fog, especially in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi and Punjab where delays can be up to 24 hours.
"Such seamless flow of information on fog delays would help a significant number of such travellers plan their journey better," said.
Based on this experimentation, RailYatri could also provide data about other disturbances which affect train operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy