Rail passengers can now view fog affected areas on portal
New Delhi: With train services hit due to fog in Northern states, Railways have made the train enquiry platform much more interactive helping passengers view the fog affected areas and check the affected stations.
The fog related information is a further improvement from the last time when the live status of the affected trains was introduced in the portal.
With the addition of the new feature, passengers view the white patches on the Google map which are the fog affected areas.
"Travellers can quickly search if their train has been affected by fog, and even check out the exact sections of the route where the fog has caused the delays.
"The view also displays each station within the fog-affected route, the details of which are displayed by a mouse," said a statement.
The site is powered by RailYatri in association with Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
The map is accessible on laptops and even Internet enabled handsets.
Substantial number of trains are daily affected by fog, especially in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi and Punjab where delays can be up to 24 hours.
"Such seamless flow of information on fog delays would help a significant number of such travellers plan their journey better," said.
Based on this experimentation, RailYatri could also provide data about other disturbances which affect train operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof