Rail traffic disrupted due to train derailment in WB
New Delhi: Railways on Friday cancelled three
trains and diverted 18 others on the Howrah-Mumabi line in the
wake of the derailment of a Mumabi-bound train in West Bengal.
The cancelled trains are Howrah-Badbil Janshatabti
Express, Howrah-Titlagarh and Tata-Howrah Express.
Railway Board Member (Traffic) Vivek Sahai said it
would take at least 24 hours to restore services on the route.
The trains that have been diverted will run via
Kharagput-Adra-Purulia section and through
Some other trains like Puri-New Delhi Express and
Bhubhaneshwar-New Delhi 2443 Rajdhani Express have been
diverted via Adra-Gomoh route.
Sixty-five passengers were killed when Maoists
attacked the Howrah-Kurla Gyaneswari Express leading to its
derailment in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS