Rail traffic disrupted due to train derailment in WB
New Delhi: Railways on Friday cancelled three
trains and diverted 18 others on the Howrah-Mumabi line in the
wake of the derailment of a Mumabi-bound train in West Bengal.
The cancelled trains are Howrah-Badbil Janshatabti
Express, Howrah-Titlagarh and Tata-Howrah Express.
Railway Board Member (Traffic) Vivek Sahai said it
would take at least 24 hours to restore services on the route.
The trains that have been diverted will run via
Kharagput-Adra-Purulia section and through
Some other trains like Puri-New Delhi Express and
Bhubhaneshwar-New Delhi 2443 Rajdhani Express have been
diverted via Adra-Gomoh route.
Sixty-five passengers were killed when Maoists
attacked the Howrah-Kurla Gyaneswari Express leading to its
derailment in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!