Railgate: Bansal`s nephew, 6 others sent to JC
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday extended till July 19 the judicial custody of suspended Railway Board member Mahesh Kumar and Vijay Singla, nephew of former railway minister P K Bansal, besides five others in the Rs 10-crore cash-for-post railway bribery case.
Special CBI judge Swarana Kanta Sharma extended remand of the seven arrested accused after they were produced before it on expiry of their judicial custody.
The court also issued fresh summons to accused M V Murali Krishan, who did not appear before it due to non-service of the earlier summons.
Krishan and C V Venugopal, who appeared in court today in pursuance to its summons, were not arrested by the CBI during the investigation and they were named as accused in the charge sheet filed on July 2. Venugopal also moved a bail plea.
The court sent Singla, then Member (Staff) of Railway Board Mahesh Kumar, Managing Director of Bangalore-based G G Tronics India Pvt Ltd Narayan Rao Manjunath, middleman Sandeep Goyal, Rahul Yadav, Samir Sandhir and Sushil Daga in judicial custody till July 19.
Alleged middleman Ajay Garg, who has been accused of being instrumental in fixing the bribe amount for getting a favourable post for Kumar, was granted bail by the court on July 8.
The court has already reserved for tomorrow its order on the bail pleas of Singla, Manjunath, Goyal, Yadav, Daga and Sandhir. Arguments on Kumar`s bail application will also be heard tomorrow.
All the 10 accused have been charge sheeted for the offence of criminal conspiracy under the IPC and relevant provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The court had on July 4 taken cognisance of CBI`s charge sheet in which the agency has alleged that Singla had demanded Rs 10 crore from Kumar for his appointment to the post of Member (Electrical) and it was decided between the accused that Rs five crore will be paid before the appointment and the rest will be paid after the job was done.
The first tranche of Rs 89.68 lakh was allegedly given to Singla who was apprehended in Chandigarh while accepting the money, it has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH