Railway bribe: BJP lashes out at Congress, says Bansal must go
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Hitting out at the Congress-led UPA government for the rail bribe in which Pawan Kumar Bansal has been embroiled in, the BJP said on Sunday that the Railway Minster should resign.
Addressing the press, senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “It is open and shut case. Rs 2 crore bribe was paid. Congress is trying to shield its ministers because if they go, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will come under the scanner.”
He said that the Union Railway Minister must resign as his position had become untenable.
“The Congress has double standards,” the BJP spokesperson said, adding that if A Raja was made to go as telecom minister then why not the Congress ministers like Pawan Bansal and Ashwini Kumar.
Ravi Shankar Prasad said that the image of PM has taken a beating and that under the regime of Manmohan Singh India had emerged as one of the most corrupt nations in the world. “In a scenario like this, if we ask for the resignation of the Prime Minister, then what is wrong with it,” he said.
Reacting to the criticism that the BJP was in a habit of asking for resignation of PM and Congress ministers at the drop of a hat, the Deputy Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha said, “We owe it to the people of the country to raise these issues on their behalf.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey