Railway bribe: BJP lashes out at Congress, says Bansal must go
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Hitting out at the Congress-led UPA government for the rail bribe in which Pawan Kumar Bansal has been embroiled in, the BJP said on Sunday that the Railway Minster should resign.
Addressing the press, senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “It is open and shut case. Rs 2 crore bribe was paid. Congress is trying to shield its ministers because if they go, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will come under the scanner.”
He said that the Union Railway Minister must resign as his position had become untenable.
“The Congress has double standards,” the BJP spokesperson said, adding that if A Raja was made to go as telecom minister then why not the Congress ministers like Pawan Bansal and Ashwini Kumar.
Ravi Shankar Prasad said that the image of PM has taken a beating and that under the regime of Manmohan Singh India had emerged as one of the most corrupt nations in the world. “In a scenario like this, if we ask for the resignation of the Prime Minister, then what is wrong with it,” he said.
Reacting to the criticism that the BJP was in a habit of asking for resignation of PM and Congress ministers at the drop of a hat, the Deputy Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha said, “We owe it to the people of the country to raise these issues on their behalf.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round