Railway bribery case: CBI arrests two delivery boys
New Delhi: CBI on Saturday arrested two courier boys, who allegedly delivered Rs 90 lakh cash as bribe to the nephew of Railway Minister PK Bansal, for fixing the promotion of a Railway Board member.
With the arrest of two delivery boys, the total number of arrests by the agency in the bribery scandal have risen to six which also include -- Singla, Railway Board Member (Staff) Mahesh Kumar, middlemen Sandip Goyal and Manjunath.
All the accused are being brought here and would be produced before the Patiala House court. The agency would seek their remand for questioning at the headquarters.
CBI sources said crucial documents related to various railway projects besides records of Board discussions are among some seizures made from the residence of Mahesh Kumar, a 1975 batch Indian Railway Engineering Services, in Mumbai.
Senior officials said that bribe of Rs 90 lakh was a part payment for Rs two crore bribe allegedly agreed upon between Singla and Kumar for the lucrative posting of Member (Electrical) which is crucial for passing tenders of over Rs 2000 crore worth of Railway projects in the coming future.
Singla, who is a close aide of Bansal and was regularly seen in election campaigning alongside, had allegedly demanded Rs 10 crore for getting Kumar posted as Member (Electrical) which is considered next to Railway Board Chairman in hierarchy, the sources said.
The agency, which has received a tip-off about the alleged deal, had kept Singla and Kumar`s phones on surveillance and were keeping a tab on all their movements, the sources said.
The sources said initially Singla had allegedly demanded Rs 10 crore of bribe but after negotiations, a sum of Rs two crore was agreed upon between the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!