Railway committee for toilets in local and suburban trains
New Delhi: A Railway committee on passenger amenities has disapproved of the ministry`s existing policy of not providing toilets in local and suburban trains and
stressed the need to review the rules.
The members were of the view that the present rule that bars toilets on local trains with running time of three hours or less be reviewed for the comfort of passengers on local and
EMU trains, a Railways official said.
The six-member committee also stressed on forging greater synergy between Railway administration and the GRP and use of modern technology to prevent passengers falling prey to anti-social elements.
The committee sought initiative on PPP mode for better maintenance of toilets at stations.
During its second meeting in Kolkata recently, one of the members also drew attention to absence of toilets at Kolkata metro stations.
The committee took note of the fact that hapless passengers who were drugged and robbed were left to fend for themselves without any help from the Railways.
Such victims were not provided treatment at Railway hospitals, despite the incident having taken place on Railway premises, the official said quoting a member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof