Railway godown workers threaten nationwide strike
New Delhi: A trade union of godown employees of the Indian Railways on Wednesday threatened to launch a nationwide strike if their demands, including regularisation of six lakh workers, are not addressed in the Rail Budget.
The Bhartiya Railway Mal Godam Shramik Sangh (BRMGSS) said they will resort to disrupting railway services across the country if the government does not heed to their demands.
"We demand regularisation of services of six lakh godown workers. The government has been giving assurances. Now we want action. If government does not heed to our demand, then we will go for a `rail roko` agitation," BRMGSS General Secretary Arun Kumar Paswan said.
He said BRMGSS will meet on February 27 to finalise the next course of the movement. The Rail Budget will be tabled on February 26.
Paswan said BRMGSS has extended support to the two-day nationwide strike beginning today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH