Railway may go back on job promise to Arunima
New Delhi: A day after investigators disputed Arunima Sinha’s claim that she was thrown out a train by robbers, reports claimed, Wednesday, that Indian Railway may go back on its promise to provide her a job.
As per railway police, which carried out investigations in the case, evidence in the case suggests that she was not robbed and that the 23-year-old national level athlete was disturbed and may have either attempted suicide or met with an accident.
“The investigations point out that Arunima was disturbed and she either attempted suicide or met with an accident. We will unravel it in the next few days. The loot attempt as alleged by her was not corroborated by any of the witnesses,” rail police ADG AK Jain said in Lucknow.
Rail police officials say there was no ITBP physical test scheduled for April 11 in Noida, where Arunima said she was heading when the alleged incident occurred a day before. Also, she was found 16 feet from the tracks. The officials say it was impossible for her to have landed so far.
However, Arunima, as per reports, is standing by the statement she gave to the police.
“Some people tried to snatch my chain and when I tried to fight back, I was pushed from the train. There was no Uttar Pradesh police personnel in the compartment, so how can they know whether or not there was a theft? Why do they keep lying?” she was quoted as saying.
“First they said I didn`t have a ticket, then that I didn`t have papers, then they`re talking about suicide," she said.
Arunima, who has lost a leg in the accident, is currently undergoing treatment at AIIMS in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune