Railway may go back on job promise to Arunima
New Delhi: A day after investigators disputed Arunima Sinha’s claim that she was thrown out a train by robbers, reports claimed, Wednesday, that Indian Railway may go back on its promise to provide her a job.
As per railway police, which carried out investigations in the case, evidence in the case suggests that she was not robbed and that the 23-year-old national level athlete was disturbed and may have either attempted suicide or met with an accident.
“The investigations point out that Arunima was disturbed and she either attempted suicide or met with an accident. We will unravel it in the next few days. The loot attempt as alleged by her was not corroborated by any of the witnesses,” rail police ADG AK Jain said in Lucknow.
Rail police officials say there was no ITBP physical test scheduled for April 11 in Noida, where Arunima said she was heading when the alleged incident occurred a day before. Also, she was found 16 feet from the tracks. The officials say it was impossible for her to have landed so far.
However, Arunima, as per reports, is standing by the statement she gave to the police.
“Some people tried to snatch my chain and when I tried to fight back, I was pushed from the train. There was no Uttar Pradesh police personnel in the compartment, so how can they know whether or not there was a theft? Why do they keep lying?” she was quoted as saying.
“First they said I didn`t have a ticket, then that I didn`t have papers, then they`re talking about suicide," she said.
Arunima, who has lost a leg in the accident, is currently undergoing treatment at AIIMS in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS