Railway Minister rides autorickshaw to airport
Kolkata: Caught in a traffic jam, Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee Monday had to walk and then ride an
autorickshaw on her way to airport to catch a Delhi-bound
The police said the convoy of Mamata Banerjee, on way to
the airport here to catch the Indian Airlines flight IC-201
which was scheduled to take off at 5.00 pm, got stuck in a jam
near the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass at around 4.15 pm.
After waiting for sometime, she got out of the car and
walked some distance till her party supporters arranged an
autorickshaw to take her to the airport.
The police said the jam was caused by a religious
procession on the occasion of Muharram.
Airport sources said the flight IC-201 anyway started 55
minutes late as the pilot was also caught in a traffic jam
and reported late.
Banerjee was able to reach the airport before five o`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015