Railway official accused of sexually harassing top sprinter
Muzaffarnagar: Police has registered a case against the former coach of a top sprinter for allegedly sexually harassing her, officials said on Thursday.
Anu Kumar, who is also a railway official, allegedly harassed 24-year-old Priyanka Panwar, an athlete, and threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed the
matter to anyone, they said.
An FIR was lodged by the victim`s father here yesterday, accusing Kumar of harassing his daughter.
The FIR has been registered under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to a woman with intent to outrage her modesty) / 509 (intent to insult the modesty of a woman) /
504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
Panwar is a top sprinter and was in the reserves at the Commonwealth Games in the 4x400 metres women`s relay.
The accused also holds a post at the Athletic Federation of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price