Railway official accused of sexually harassing top sprinter
Muzaffarnagar: Police has registered a case against the former coach of a top sprinter for allegedly sexually harassing her, officials said on Thursday.
Anu Kumar, who is also a railway official, allegedly harassed 24-year-old Priyanka Panwar, an athlete, and threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed the
matter to anyone, they said.
An FIR was lodged by the victim`s father here yesterday, accusing Kumar of harassing his daughter.
The FIR has been registered under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to a woman with intent to outrage her modesty) / 509 (intent to insult the modesty of a woman) /
504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
Panwar is a top sprinter and was in the reserves at the Commonwealth Games in the 4x400 metres women`s relay.
The accused also holds a post at the Athletic Federation of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog