Railway system needs to be progressively modernised: Ahamed
New Delhi: With ever-growing traffic
density and demand for high speed trains and safe services,
railway system needs to be progressively modernised, Minister
of State for Railway E Ahamed Tuesday said.
"The railway system has to be progressively modernised
and infrastructure built up. There is no alternative to this.
Constant interaction between Railway and industry and periodic
exchange of information would only help in this endeavour," he
said at a function here.
Ahamed said Indian Railway`s Vision 2020 document
presented in Parliament in December 200
9 had focussed on
inclusive development of railway system.
"Substantial network expansion, adequate line capacity
generation and zero tolerance for accidents besides advanced
signalling and telecom systems undoubtedly form the very core
of each of these target areas," he said inaugurating an
international convention on modern railway signalling and
The five-day convention, jointly organised by
Institute of Railway Signal and Telecommunication Engineering
and Institute of Railway Signal Engineers, is being attended
by various stakeholders from the country and outside.
Railway Board Member (Electrical) Sudesh Kumar said
Railway signal and telecommunication technology was on the
brink of a revolution and hoped the convention will help
Railways meet some of the projects envisaged in the vision
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore