Railways bribery case: Another accused held in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The CBI on Tuesday arrested Ajay Garg, an industrialist, here in connection with the railways bribery case, an official source said.
Garg was arrested from Sector 22 in the afternoon. He is the tenth accused to be arrested by the case, the source in the probe agency said.
Vijay Singla, nephew of Chandigarh MP and Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, was arrested from the city on Friday allegedly while accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakh.
The bribe was paid to Singla by two people for allegedly getting a senior railway officer, Mahesh Kumar, appointed as a member of the powerful Railway Board, the CBI said.
Garg`s arrest came on a day when Bharatiya Janata Party activists protested near the house of Bansal in Sector 28, demanding his dismissal from the Union Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials