Railways bribery case: Another accused held in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The CBI on Tuesday arrested Ajay Garg, an industrialist, here in connection with the railways bribery case, an official source said.
Garg was arrested from Sector 22 in the afternoon. He is the tenth accused to be arrested by the case, the source in the probe agency said.
Vijay Singla, nephew of Chandigarh MP and Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, was arrested from the city on Friday allegedly while accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakh.
The bribe was paid to Singla by two people for allegedly getting a senior railway officer, Mahesh Kumar, appointed as a member of the powerful Railway Board, the CBI said.
Garg`s arrest came on a day when Bharatiya Janata Party activists protested near the house of Bansal in Sector 28, demanding his dismissal from the Union Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest