Railways in `bad shape` under Lalu: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
today said the white paper brought out by Railway Minister
Mamata Banerjee suggested that the railways under Lalu Prasad
were "in bad shape".
"The white paper suggested that the railways have been in
bad shape...its condition was not good," Kumar told reporters
when his comment was sought on the paper.
Kumar, who was railway minister in Vajpayee government,
said the White Paper had proved beyond doubt that Prasad, who
was railway minister in the last UPA government, had "mastery
in jugglery of figures".
Prasad`s claim of the railways having surplus of Rs90,000
crore had been proved to be "hollow", the Chief Minister
alleged and said if there was cash surplus with the railways,
Prasad should have explained that how much amount out of it
had been spent on rail projects.
"In fact, Prasad preferred to derail the process of
budgeting and account," he said.
Kumar also accused Prasad of having cheated the common
people on the issue related to fare.
"Prasad is also responsible for the present mess in the
railways as the conditions of tracks are not good," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days