Railways keen to use UIDAI database
New Delhi: Indian Railways, the largest
employer in the country, today said it is holding wide ranging
discussion with Unique Identification Authority of India
(UIDAI) to use its database in key areas, including ticketing.
This was disclosed by Railway Board Chairman Vivek
Sahai today after holding discussions with UIDAI chairman
Sahai said Railways are looking to make the most of
the UIDAI`s initiative as it is the largest employer in the
country with more than 14 lakh staff.
UIDAI would issue unique identification numbers to the
residents of the country based on the demographic and
biometric data of the individual.
Sahai said they are also exploring the possibility of
using the unique database in its ticketing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack