Railways keen to use UIDAI database
New Delhi: Indian Railways, the largest
employer in the country, today said it is holding wide ranging
discussion with Unique Identification Authority of India
(UIDAI) to use its database in key areas, including ticketing.
This was disclosed by Railway Board Chairman Vivek
Sahai today after holding discussions with UIDAI chairman
Sahai said Railways are looking to make the most of
the UIDAI`s initiative as it is the largest employer in the
country with more than 14 lakh staff.
UIDAI would issue unique identification numbers to the
residents of the country based on the demographic and
biometric data of the individual.
Sahai said they are also exploring the possibility of
using the unique database in its ticketing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal