Railways keen to use UIDAI database
New Delhi: Indian Railways, the largest
employer in the country, today said it is holding wide ranging
discussion with Unique Identification Authority of India
(UIDAI) to use its database in key areas, including ticketing.
This was disclosed by Railway Board Chairman Vivek
Sahai today after holding discussions with UIDAI chairman
Sahai said Railways are looking to make the most of
the UIDAI`s initiative as it is the largest employer in the
country with more than 14 lakh staff.
UIDAI would issue unique identification numbers to the
residents of the country based on the demographic and
biometric data of the individual.
Sahai said they are also exploring the possibility of
using the unique database in its ticketing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi