Railways keen to use UIDAI database
New Delhi: Indian Railways, the largest
employer in the country, today said it is holding wide ranging
discussion with Unique Identification Authority of India
(UIDAI) to use its database in key areas, including ticketing.
This was disclosed by Railway Board Chairman Vivek
Sahai today after holding discussions with UIDAI chairman
Sahai said Railways are looking to make the most of
the UIDAI`s initiative as it is the largest employer in the
country with more than 14 lakh staff.
UIDAI would issue unique identification numbers to the
residents of the country based on the demographic and
biometric data of the individual.
Sahai said they are also exploring the possibility of
using the unique database in its ticketing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more