Railways keen to use UIDAI database
New Delhi: Indian Railways, the largest
employer in the country, today said it is holding wide ranging
discussion with Unique Identification Authority of India
(UIDAI) to use its database in key areas, including ticketing.
This was disclosed by Railway Board Chairman Vivek
Sahai today after holding discussions with UIDAI chairman
Sahai said Railways are looking to make the most of
the UIDAI`s initiative as it is the largest employer in the
country with more than 14 lakh staff.
UIDAI would issue unique identification numbers to the
residents of the country based on the demographic and
biometric data of the individual.
Sahai said they are also exploring the possibility of
using the unique database in its ticketing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you