Railways panel recommends more double decker trains
Chennai: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways has recommended that more double decker trains be introduced with a view to double the existing passenger capacity of the Indian Railways.
"Keeping in view the burden on the existing infrastructure of railways, the introduction of double decker trains will help to increase two-fold existing passenger capacity of the Indian Railways," Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways headed by MP T R Baalu recommended at its recent meeting, a release said.
Southern Railway had recently introduced Chennai-Bangalore double decker service which has been well-received by passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS