Railways panel recommends more double decker trains
Chennai: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways has recommended that more double decker trains be introduced with a view to double the existing passenger capacity of the Indian Railways.
"Keeping in view the burden on the existing infrastructure of railways, the introduction of double decker trains will help to increase two-fold existing passenger capacity of the Indian Railways," Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways headed by MP T R Baalu recommended at its recent meeting, a release said.
Southern Railway had recently introduced Chennai-Bangalore double decker service which has been well-received by passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok