Railways panel recommends more double decker trains
Chennai: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways has recommended that more double decker trains be introduced with a view to double the existing passenger capacity of the Indian Railways.
"Keeping in view the burden on the existing infrastructure of railways, the introduction of double decker trains will help to increase two-fold existing passenger capacity of the Indian Railways," Parliamentary Standing Committee on Railways headed by MP T R Baalu recommended at its recent meeting, a release said.
Southern Railway had recently introduced Chennai-Bangalore double decker service which has been well-received by passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials