Railways postpone exam after recruitment scam
New Delhi: In the wake of the CBI unearthing a multi-crore recruitment scam, Railways on Saturday decided to postpone the forthcoming examination for various posts scheduled on June 27.
A new date for the written examination by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) will be announced shortly.
Written examination for the posts in several categories including enquiry-cum reservation clerks and goods guards by RRBs slated to be held on June 27 across the country is being
postponed, a railway official said.
CBI had yesterday unearthed the recruitment scam and arrested eight persons, including an Additional Divisional Railway Manager and son of a top recruitment board official,
for allegedly leaking exam paper for money.
After the CBI raid, SM Sharma, Chairman, RRB Mumbai has been placed under suspension by the Railways.
The scam relates to the all-India examination of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Assistant Station Master (ASM) on June 6 and 13 conducted by RRBs.
In November last year, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has removed all 20 RRB Chairmen in a major revamping exercise.
Railways has stated that Railway Administration will provide all cooperation to the CBI in its investigation into the just-concluded examination of ALP and ASM by RRB Mumbai at Sholapur and Nagpur centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video