Railways showcase Duronto in trade fair
New Delhi: In a bid to popularise Duronto
trains, the Railways have showcased the non-stop super fast
train in the trade fair.
The ongoing modernisation and technical upgradation in
railways is the central theme of its pavilion this time. Since
Duronto is the latest super fast train introduced this year it
has generated a lot of interest, said a senior railway
official involved with the fair.
Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee has announced the
launching of 12 non-stop superfast Duronto Expresses in her
budget. Since then four Durontos have been launched from
Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Pune and rest are to be flagged off
in the current fiscal.
A makeshift tunnel has been created for visitors to
experience the feeling of going through a tunnel along a track
in the railway pavilion.
A reservation counter opened at the railway pavilion is
also doing brisk business.
The Railways have been participating in the India
International Trade Fair annually for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review