Railways showcase Duronto in trade fair
New Delhi: In a bid to popularise Duronto
trains, the Railways have showcased the non-stop super fast
train in the trade fair.
The ongoing modernisation and technical upgradation in
railways is the central theme of its pavilion this time. Since
Duronto is the latest super fast train introduced this year it
has generated a lot of interest, said a senior railway
official involved with the fair.
Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee has announced the
launching of 12 non-stop superfast Duronto Expresses in her
budget. Since then four Durontos have been launched from
Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Pune and rest are to be flagged off
in the current fiscal.
A makeshift tunnel has been created for visitors to
experience the feeling of going through a tunnel along a track
in the railway pavilion.
A reservation counter opened at the railway pavilion is
also doing brisk business.
The Railways have been participating in the India
International Trade Fair annually for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi