Railways showcase Duronto in trade fair
New Delhi: In a bid to popularise Duronto
trains, the Railways have showcased the non-stop super fast
train in the trade fair.
The ongoing modernisation and technical upgradation in
railways is the central theme of its pavilion this time. Since
Duronto is the latest super fast train introduced this year it
has generated a lot of interest, said a senior railway
official involved with the fair.
Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee has announced the
launching of 12 non-stop superfast Duronto Expresses in her
budget. Since then four Durontos have been launched from
Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Pune and rest are to be flagged off
in the current fiscal.
A makeshift tunnel has been created for visitors to
experience the feeling of going through a tunnel along a track
in the railway pavilion.
A reservation counter opened at the railway pavilion is
also doing brisk business.
The Railways have been participating in the India
International Trade Fair annually for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away