Railways suspends train operations due to fog
New Delhi: Northern Railway has decided to suspend services of 10 trains till January 16 to avoid mishaps caused by foggy weather conditions.
Services of Jharkhand Sampark Kranti Express, Howrah- Delhi Express, Lichchavi Express, Garhwal Express, Varanasi- Dehradun and Ajmer-Amritsar Express among others will remain cancelled till January 16, according to a senior Northern Railway official.
Besides, Railways has also effected partial cancellation of three pairs of trains and diverted two pairs to avoid passenger inconvenience during the period.
The foggy conditions during the winter season pose a great challenge to the Railways, especially in the northern region of the country in terms of operations and safety, the official said.
He said in view of safety of trains and passengers, the speed of trains has been restricted to minimum. 12 trains were running several hours late due to fog.
Bramhaputra Mail is running behind schedule by 15 hours, while Mahananda and Mahabodhi Express are running late by 12 hours each, inconveniencing passengers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India