Railways suspends train operations due to fog
New Delhi: Northern Railway has decided to suspend services of 10 trains till January 16 to avoid mishaps caused by foggy weather conditions.
Services of Jharkhand Sampark Kranti Express, Howrah- Delhi Express, Lichchavi Express, Garhwal Express, Varanasi- Dehradun and Ajmer-Amritsar Express among others will remain cancelled till January 16, according to a senior Northern Railway official.
Besides, Railways has also effected partial cancellation of three pairs of trains and diverted two pairs to avoid passenger inconvenience during the period.
The foggy conditions during the winter season pose a great challenge to the Railways, especially in the northern region of the country in terms of operations and safety, the official said.
He said in view of safety of trains and passengers, the speed of trains has been restricted to minimum. 12 trains were running several hours late due to fog.
Bramhaputra Mail is running behind schedule by 15 hours, while Mahananda and Mahabodhi Express are running late by 12 hours each, inconveniencing passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials