Railways` Tatkal scheme earns Rs 600 cr in last fiscal
New Delhi: Indian Railways have earned over Rs 600 crore during the last fiscal from tatkal tickets, with Northern Railways topping other zones with the best earning from this scheme.
Of the Railways` total earning of Rs 605.48 crore, the Northern Railway shared Rs 144.50 crore, which was 13 percent of the total tickets sold, official sources said.
They said earnings this fiscal is expected to cross the figures of the last financial year, expecting a good response from the revised tatkal scheme, which came into effect from August 1, 2009 with more relaxations.
"Boarding at intermediate stations, which hitherto was non-existent, will further boost income from this scheme," a source said.
Tickets worth Rs 221.59 crore have already been sold under the scheme in the first quarter of this financial year, the source said.
As per the revised scheme, the advanced reservation period has also been reduced to two days from five days a week.
The source also said the Railways have registered a Rs 1,000 crore cumulative income from this scheme in the last three years.
During the first quarter of this financial year, the Northern Railway has also topped the zones by selling tatkal tickets over Rs 54 crore.
Among the other zones, Southern, Western and Central Zones also saw a good return from sale of tickets under the tatkal scheme.
While, the Southern Railway earned Rs 89.73 crore, the Western Railway and the Central Railway earned Rs 70.40 crore and Rs 67.57 crore respectively.
Estimates suggest as many as one lakh berths are reserved under tatkal scheme at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks