Railways to operate special trains on Holi
New Delhi: The Indian Railways will run holiday specials for Holi till March 31 and information on these special trains can be accessed on the railways` national enquiry number 139.
"These (Holi special) trains will be plied from March 23 to March 31 to provide additional berths to railway passengers who desire to celebrate the Holi festival with their families in their native places," Indian Railways said in a statement Monday.
"The 139-Rail Sampark service has all the relevant information for the passengers seeking reservation and train time table."
According to the railways, majority of these trains have been plied by northern and western railways mainly to Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh.
The 139 national enquiry number of the Indian Railways helps travellers get information on their PNR (passenger name record) status, arrival and departure time of trains, platform number, and book tickets through prepaid cash-cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack