Railways to roll out new e-ticketing service
New Delhi: Indian Railways is all set to
roll out its own e-ticketing service, which will have no room
for travel agents and will be reserved for individual users.
"Unlike the e-ticketing service of IRCTC, the new
service by Indian Railway will have no role of travel agents
and commercial organisations. Only individual users will be
allowed to book on the portal," said a Railway official.
Travel agents in the IRCTC service have been accused
of blocking tickets to sell them at a premium.
Public resentment has also led the Railways to bar
travel agents from booking tatkal tickets during peak hours on
the IRCTC portal.
Under the new railway e-ticketing service, individual
customers would need to register themselves for the first time
for availing the services. The registration will be free of
A maximum of eight transaction per user ID per month
will be allowed in the beginning, the official said, adding,
the service charges levied will be Rs 5 per ticket for
sleeper class and Rs 10 per ticket for all other classes.
IRCTC charges Rs 10 per ticket for sleeper class and
Rs 20 per ticket for all other classes.
The new service will be available on its web portal
Its launch will be announced after necessary clearance
for payment gateway transaction, the official said.
The service will be available from 12.30 am to 11.30
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr