Railways to set up five new Kendriya Vidyalayas
New Delhi: Railways on Friday said five new
Kendriya Vidyalayas will be set up on railway land for
imparting education to wards of railway employees and others.
"The HRD Ministry has sanctioned five KVs to be set up
on railway land," said a senior Railway Ministry official.
He said apart from children of railway employees,
outsiders can also enrol in such schools.
Railways had earlier this year signed an MoU with the
HRD Ministry to develop educational infrastructure on railway
land identified by the Railway Ministry.
Under the agreement, around 50 Kendriya Vidyalayas are
expected to come up in the unutilised railway land.
The MoU also seeks to cover the development of new
facilities as well as the upgradation of existing educational
and technical institutions being managed by Railways for which
the HRD Ministry would provide necessary assistance and
The two Ministries had also constituted a high-powered
working group, consisting of senior officials and experts, to
work out a roadmap for implementing the programme.
Railways had also signed an MoU with the Health and
Family Welfare Ministry to set up health care facilities on
its unutilised land for the benefit of rail travellers and
people living close to railway properties.
As per the agreement, as many as 480 health care
facilities are expected to be set up in major stations across
India. The agreement also seeks to set up super speciality
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor