Railways use Street Plays to create awareness
Kochi: Alarmed at the increasing mishaps at unmanned level crossings, the Southern Railways has decided to stage street plays to create awareness.
Recently four persons, including a child, were killed near the Aroor level crossing here when the car in which they were travelling was hit by a train.
Any negligence by a road user at Railway Level crossing gates can be disastrous especially when gates are unmanned. Even though sufficient warnings and signals are given at unmanned level crossings, it has been observed that there is a tendency to just pass the track without even thinking about the oncoming train, railways said in a press release here.
With a view to creating awareness among road users on safe tips on travel through railway gates, Thiruvananthapuram Division is taking up intensive campaign. A drama team of the Division`s safety organisation will be presenting street plays at various places from today, it said.
The plays will be staged Punnapra, Thottappalli spillway, and Ampalappuzha bus stand today and the team will repeat their show at Cheppad, Karuvatta junction, Harippad bus stand and Harippad hospital junction tomorrow, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred