Railways use Street Plays to create awareness
Kochi: Alarmed at the increasing mishaps at unmanned level crossings, the Southern Railways has decided to stage street plays to create awareness.
Recently four persons, including a child, were killed near the Aroor level crossing here when the car in which they were travelling was hit by a train.
Any negligence by a road user at Railway Level crossing gates can be disastrous especially when gates are unmanned. Even though sufficient warnings and signals are given at unmanned level crossings, it has been observed that there is a tendency to just pass the track without even thinking about the oncoming train, railways said in a press release here.
With a view to creating awareness among road users on safe tips on travel through railway gates, Thiruvananthapuram Division is taking up intensive campaign. A drama team of the Division`s safety organisation will be presenting street plays at various places from today, it said.
The plays will be staged Punnapra, Thottappalli spillway, and Ampalappuzha bus stand today and the team will repeat their show at Cheppad, Karuvatta junction, Harippad bus stand and Harippad hospital junction tomorrow, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra