Railways use Street Plays to create awareness
Kochi: Alarmed at the increasing mishaps at unmanned level crossings, the Southern Railways has decided to stage street plays to create awareness.
Recently four persons, including a child, were killed near the Aroor level crossing here when the car in which they were travelling was hit by a train.
Any negligence by a road user at Railway Level crossing gates can be disastrous especially when gates are unmanned. Even though sufficient warnings and signals are given at unmanned level crossings, it has been observed that there is a tendency to just pass the track without even thinking about the oncoming train, railways said in a press release here.
With a view to creating awareness among road users on safe tips on travel through railway gates, Thiruvananthapuram Division is taking up intensive campaign. A drama team of the Division`s safety organisation will be presenting street plays at various places from today, it said.
The plays will be staged Punnapra, Thottappalli spillway, and Ampalappuzha bus stand today and the team will repeat their show at Cheppad, Karuvatta junction, Harippad bus stand and Harippad hospital junction tomorrow, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH