Railways withdraw doctors from Duronto trains
New Delhi: The pilot project of deployment of doctors in Duronto trains has not been found to be very useful for passengers due to technical constraints faced by medics deployed on trains, Lok Sabha was told on Thursday.
"In view of this it has been decided to discontinue deployment of doctors and para-medical staff in Duronto trains having a run of less than six hours," Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury said in a written answer.
However, it has been decided by railways to deploy a para-medic trained in Emergency Medical Response with all essential life saving medicines and equipment in place of a doctor in Duronto trains having a run of more than six hours.
All long distance passenger carrying trains are provided with First Aid Boxes containing essential drugs and dressing materials. In addition, augmented First Aid Boxes with wide range of medicines and disposable medical material have been provided with the train superintendents of Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains and guards of other nominated trains.
The frontline staff deployed on trains is trained in rendering First Aid. Services of doctors travelling as passengers are utilised to attend to passengers who are in need of urgent medical assistance.
Trains can also make unscheduled halts, if necessary, at the stations en-route in emergencies. The Station Masters have details of doctors, clinics and hospitals both government and private, in the vicinity of the station, so that their services could also be availed in emergencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?