Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana; minimum temperature goes up
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains lashed most parts of Punjab and Haryana though minimum temperature rose sharply by up to eight notches above normal in both the states.
UT Chandigarh recorded a minimum of 13.7 degrees Celsius, up by seven notches above normal. The city also witnessed rainfall of 3.8 mm, the MeT office said here on Monday.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Narnaul settled at 14.2 deg C, 14 deg C and 8.8 deg C respectively, while Hisar had a low of 14.6 deg, up by 8 degrees above normal.
With rainfall of 4.6 mm, Bhiwani had a minimum of 10.4 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a minimum of 8 deg C with rainfall of 11.4 mm. Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 13 deg C and 14.2 deg C, up by six and seven notches above normal respectively.
Among other places, rains also lashed Madhopur at 20.4 mm, Ranjit Sagar dam at 9.6 mm, Nangal at 11.2 mm and Shahpur Kandi area at 18.2 mm.
The MeT in its forecast said light to moderate rain may continue in next 48 hours, while hailstorm or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened