Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana; minimum temperature goes up
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains lashed most parts of Punjab and Haryana though minimum temperature rose sharply by up to eight notches above normal in both the states.
UT Chandigarh recorded a minimum of 13.7 degrees Celsius, up by seven notches above normal. The city also witnessed rainfall of 3.8 mm, the MeT office said here on Monday.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Narnaul settled at 14.2 deg C, 14 deg C and 8.8 deg C respectively, while Hisar had a low of 14.6 deg, up by 8 degrees above normal.
With rainfall of 4.6 mm, Bhiwani had a minimum of 10.4 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a minimum of 8 deg C with rainfall of 11.4 mm. Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 13 deg C and 14.2 deg C, up by six and seven notches above normal respectively.
Among other places, rains also lashed Madhopur at 20.4 mm, Ranjit Sagar dam at 9.6 mm, Nangal at 11.2 mm and Shahpur Kandi area at 18.2 mm.
The MeT in its forecast said light to moderate rain may continue in next 48 hours, while hailstorm or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan