Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana; minimum temperature goes up
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains lashed most parts of Punjab and Haryana though minimum temperature rose sharply by up to eight notches above normal in both the states.
UT Chandigarh recorded a minimum of 13.7 degrees Celsius, up by seven notches above normal. The city also witnessed rainfall of 3.8 mm, the MeT office said here on Monday.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Narnaul settled at 14.2 deg C, 14 deg C and 8.8 deg C respectively, while Hisar had a low of 14.6 deg, up by 8 degrees above normal.
With rainfall of 4.6 mm, Bhiwani had a minimum of 10.4 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a minimum of 8 deg C with rainfall of 11.4 mm. Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 13 deg C and 14.2 deg C, up by six and seven notches above normal respectively.
Among other places, rains also lashed Madhopur at 20.4 mm, Ranjit Sagar dam at 9.6 mm, Nangal at 11.2 mm and Shahpur Kandi area at 18.2 mm.
The MeT in its forecast said light to moderate rain may continue in next 48 hours, while hailstorm or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why