Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains continued to lash many places in Punjab and Haryana for the third day on Thursday with minimum temperature witnessing a further increase.
The MeT attributed present change in weather to a Western Disturbance over North Pakistan and neighbourhood and to an Upper Air Cyclonic Circulation which was active at Central Pakistan adjoining Rajasthan.
They said that the wet spell is likely to continue in the region tomorrow as well.
Chandigarh was lashed by heavy rains recording 17.9 mm and the low here further increased since yesterday to settle at 14.2 deg C, five notches above normal, the MeT said.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 14 deg C, up five notches and the town received a rainfall of 8.8 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state