Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains continued to lash many places in Punjab and Haryana for the third day on Thursday with minimum temperature witnessing a further increase.
The MeT attributed present change in weather to a Western Disturbance over North Pakistan and neighbourhood and to an Upper Air Cyclonic Circulation which was active at Central Pakistan adjoining Rajasthan.
They said that the wet spell is likely to continue in the region tomorrow as well.
Chandigarh was lashed by heavy rains recording 17.9 mm and the low here further increased since yesterday to settle at 14.2 deg C, five notches above normal, the MeT said.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 14 deg C, up five notches and the town received a rainfall of 8.8 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti