Rains hit many places in north India
New Delhi: Many parts of North India received light to heavy rainfall on Monday, bringing down mercury but sultry conditions prevailed in the region.
Extremely high humidity was recorded in Delhi a day after heavy rains lashed the national capital, making things uncomfortable for those who stepped out.
While the day temperature settled at 36.6 degrees Celsius today, three notches above normal, the city received 25.6 mm of rains in the last 24 hours till 8.30 am today. No rain was recorded after that, the Met department said.
However, the rain caused humidity levels to shoot up to between 62 and 88 per cent.
The overnight showers also caused the minimum temperature to plummet to 25.9 degrees Celsius, one point below normal, after it had hovered above the 30-degree mark for almost an entire last week.
Light to heavy rains hit eastern and southern parts of Rajasthan while many places in the west sizzled at around-40 degrees Celsius temperatures today.
Aklera in Jhalawar district recorded the most rainfall at 8 cm, whereas Bikaner was the hottest place with a maximum temperature of 43.8 degrees Celsius, a Met report said.
The report said Desuri received 6 cm rainfall followed by Sagwara, Jagpura, Sarara, Degod, Anta 5 cms each, Shahpura, Srinagar, Jhalrapatan, Atru, Chhabra, Dhambola 4 cms each, Bagidora, Dungarpur, Rajsamand, Vijay Nagar Nathdwara 3 cms each, and one to 2 cms at many places.
In western Rajasthan, heat wave conditions persisted as Ganganagar recorded a maximum temperature of 43.4 degrees Celsius followed by Jaisalmer and Churu 41.6, Barmer 40, Pilani 39.2 and Jaipur 39 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore