Rains lash Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Rains on Wednesday lashed various parts of Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperature rose by a few notches above normal in most parts of both the states.
UT Chandigarh recorded low of 14.9 deg C, up by five notches, while it received rainfall of 7.8 mm, the MeT office said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar witnessed rainfall of 7.6 mm and it had a low of 12 deg C, up by 4 degrees above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala received rainfall of 3.7 mm and 12 mm and the minimum temperatures were recorded at 11.4 deg C and 10.6 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded minimum at 11.4 deg, with rainfall at 0.6 mm. Hisar, Karnal and Narnaul had a low of 14.3 deg C, 8.7 deg C and 11.7 deg C respectively.
The MeT Department has predicted cloudy conditions will prevail in various parts of Punjab and Haryana for another day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read