Rains lash Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Rains on Wednesday lashed various parts of Punjab and Haryana even as minimum temperature rose by a few notches above normal in most parts of both the states.
UT Chandigarh recorded low of 14.9 deg C, up by five notches, while it received rainfall of 7.8 mm, the MeT office said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar witnessed rainfall of 7.6 mm and it had a low of 12 deg C, up by 4 degrees above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala received rainfall of 3.7 mm and 12 mm and the minimum temperatures were recorded at 11.4 deg C and 10.6 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded minimum at 11.4 deg, with rainfall at 0.6 mm. Hisar, Karnal and Narnaul had a low of 14.3 deg C, 8.7 deg C and 11.7 deg C respectively.
The MeT Department has predicted cloudy conditions will prevail in various parts of Punjab and Haryana for another day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi