Rainy weekend across many parts of country: IMD
New Delhi: Brace yourself for a rainy weekend.
The weatherman has forecast widespread rains across northern, central and eastern parts of the country beginning Friday with snowfall in parts of Jammu and Kashmir.
The change in weather has been attributed to weather conditions somewhat similar to that in early this month when the capital received heaviest rains in seven decades.
The weatherman has advised farmers to withold irrigation in field crops, apply fertiliser after February 17 and store the harvest produce in a safe place before February 14 to avoid loss.
An approaching extra-tropical weather system, commonly called as a western disturbance, is set to interact with easterly winds which bring in moisture from the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal bringing rains to over many parts of the country between Friday and Sunday.
"The interaction of two weather systems would cause large scale thunderstorm activity over many parts of the country," Laxman Singh Rathore, Director General of India Meteorological Department, said here.
"The effect of this western disturbance would be experienced over vast tracts," he said, adding that some parts of the country would experience heavy rains accompanied by thunder squalls and hail storm.
The weatherman has forecast widespread rains on Friday in many parts of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, eastern Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Vidarbha and Telangana regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH