Raise complaints with me, not media: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari Friday asked party leaders to raise any complaints about his choice of a new team with him and not with the media.
"Those who have complaints about the new team should speak to me, not the media," Gadkari told the a private TV news channel, a day after actor-turned-party MP Shatrughan Sinha`s remarks on the composition of the new team of office-bearers announced Tuesday.
Sinha Thursday recited the lyrics of an old Hindi film song in answer to a question about the new team. "Uff na karenge, lab see lenge, aansu pee lenge (I will not sigh, will seal my lips and swallow my tears)," he said, expressing disappointment that leaders like Yashwant Sinha had been left out and the team had not been able to give a message of dynamism.
"It`s wrong to say that Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie were excluded because they are Advani detractors... It`s not possible to include everyone on the team," Gadkari said.
The BJP president also justified the appointment of Nehru-Gandhi family member Varun Gandhi as party secretary, saying: "Varun Gandhi should be given a chance, why hold the past against him?"
The party had sought to distance itself from Varun Gandhi after he allegedly made inflammatory remarks during the Lok Sabha election campaign last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert