Raise NREGA job days in drought-hit areas: Gehlot to Centre
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot on Monday demanded the Centre to raise the number of job
days under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in the
drought-hit areas in the state.
"Job days under NREGA should be increased from 100 to 200
days in drought affected districts, so that employment be not
a problem for locals in tough time," Gehlot told reporters at
Raj Bhawan here during swear-in ceremony of newly appointed
Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Jagdish Bhalla.
"...dry fell is causing damage to crops," he said.
The chief minister has directed the officials concerned
to start assessment of the extent of damage in the state and
prepare a report within a week.
"Survey has been started in districts from today and the
report will be submitted within 15 days," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1