Raise substantive issues, don`t go by hearsay: Cong tells BJP
New Delhi: Stepping up attack on the BJP on
the Wikileaks report concerning Arun Jaitley, Congress on Monday
bluntly told the opposition that chickens would come home to
roost sooner than later if it failed to raise substantive
issues and take recourse to hearsay.
"Substantive politics needs to be done on substantive
issues," Congress spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters here.
Accusing the BJP of engaging in double speak, Tewari
listed out instances from the reports of Wikileaks revelations
and contended that Opposition leaders had taken a completely
opposite stand to that of its political resolutions while
interacting with US embassy officials.
"The BJP is double-tongued, double-faced and completely
unscrupulous in their conviction," he said, adding that
unfortunately for the BJP the hazard of depending on hearsay
has manifest itself very soon.
WikiLeaks cables had reported that Robert Blake, Charge d`
affairs at the US Embassy, had conveyed to his government,
after a meeting with Jaitley on May 6, 2005, that "Jaitley
argued that Hindu nationalism `will always be a talking point`
for the BJP. However, he characterised this as an
Jaitley has maintained that he had not used the word
To a question on state of Muslims in Gujarat, he said the
state represents the most reprehensible face of the BJP.
"You had a pogram which is carried out against the
minorities. You had subversion of justice taking place all
these years and even today those innocents who were done to
death, their next of kin are yet to get justice," Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi