Raj Babbar, two nominated MPs take oath
New Delhi: Actor-turned-MP Raj Babbar and
two nominated members took oath on Thursday in the Lok Sabha.
Babbar, who was elected on a Congress ticket from
Ferozabad constituency in Uttar Pradesh, took oath on the
opening day of the Winter Session of Parliament.
Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, whose
daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav to Babbar, was seen thumping the
desk along with other members to welcome the new MP.
Babbar shook hands with BJP leaders L K Advani and
Rajnath Singh. Yadav rose to shake hands with Babbar when the
new member went to his seat.
Babbar also greeted Congress President Sonia Gandhi,
Union Minister Pranab Mukherjee and other senior leaders of
Two nominated members Charles Dias and Ingrid Mcleod also
took oath of office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress