Raj Babbar, two nominated MPs take oath
New Delhi: Actor-turned-MP Raj Babbar and
two nominated members took oath on Thursday in the Lok Sabha.
Babbar, who was elected on a Congress ticket from
Ferozabad constituency in Uttar Pradesh, took oath on the
opening day of the Winter Session of Parliament.
Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, whose
daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav to Babbar, was seen thumping the
desk along with other members to welcome the new MP.
Babbar shook hands with BJP leaders L K Advani and
Rajnath Singh. Yadav rose to shake hands with Babbar when the
new member went to his seat.
Babbar also greeted Congress President Sonia Gandhi,
Union Minister Pranab Mukherjee and other senior leaders of
Two nominated members Charles Dias and Ingrid Mcleod also
took oath of office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered